Amsterdam Honours’ Student Council
The Amsterdam Honours’ Student Council (AHSC), formerly known as the HSC, was established in September 2013 by several Honours students of the University of Amsterdam (UvA) and VU University (VU). The AHSC is the student representative body for Honours students from the VU and UvA who participate in the Honours Programme.
Their main responsibility is evaluating and preserving the quality of the Honours Programme through its annual survey and by hosting multiple focus groups throughout the year. Additionally, they aim to create a communication network between the different Honours Programmes of the VU, the UvA and AUC. They are trying to reach this goal through regular meetings with the VU-UvA Honours Committee. In these meetings, they also try to express the opinions of Honours students, which in turn helps contribute to the improvement of the Programme in general.
The current Amsterdam Honours Student Council consists of the following members:
• Sanne Goedhart (President)
• Varsha Jayakumar (Vice President & Secretary)
• Sander Losekoot (VU Officer)
• Gabrielle Leeman Imperial (UvA Officer)
• Cyrielle Otter (PR Officer)
For all your general questions about the AHSC or the Honours Programme, please do not hesitate to contact the council via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also follow/contact the AHSC via their social media channels:
- • Building a strong student communication platform between VU-UvA-AUC in the collaboration of the Honours Programmes of the Universities;
• Strive towards equality between both universities concerning the HP;
- • Participate in policy making by participation in the VU-UvA Honours Committee;
• Gaining student’s opinions about topical interest, content and quality of the HP.
Student Faculty Representatives
Faculty Honours Student Representatives
The Faculty Honours Student Representatives consist of about 12 to 14 Honours students from the different faculties of the VU and UvA. They have the responsibility of keeping in close contact with the Honours students and the Honours coordinator of their own faculty. Moreover, they are partly responsible for the promotion of the Honours Programme within their faculty. Furthermore, by evaluating the faculty’s Honours Programme through the annual survey, by hosting a focus group and by receiving feedback/questions from students, they form a bridge between students and policymakers, and in turn, guard the quality of the Honours Programme.
The main tasks of the Faculty Honours Student Representatives are:
- Keeping in contact with the Honours Students of their faculty;
- Evaluating the content of the faculty’s Honours Programme;
- Promotion and the organization of bonding meetings;
- Hosting an annual focus group;
- Helping the AHSC conduct the annual survey;
- Attending a few meetings with the AHSC and the other Faculty Representatives a few times a year.
Faculty Representatives 2021-2022
|University of Amsterdam|
|Name||Faculty of||Contact Email|
|Algirdas Vilutis||Economics and Businessemail@example.com|
|Aleksandra Afanasevs||Economics and Businessfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Anastasia Ovsyannikova||Social and Behavioural Sciencesemail@example.com|
|Pritha Ray||Social and Behavioural Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam|
|Name||Faculty of||Contact Email|
|Chayenne Mosk||Business and Economicsemail@example.com|
|Flavia Ercoli||Behavioral and Movement Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Isabella d’Hollosy||Medicine VUmc||I.email@example.com|
|Hannah Reckzeh||Social Sciencesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Emil Bernstein||Humanties and PPEemail@example.com|