This is Extensus
Supporting Honours Students
Extensus is the Study Association of the Honours Programme of the VU, UvA and AUC. It came into existence as a student initiative in September 2009. Since 2009 we have been engaged in various efforts to have participants of the Amsterdam Honours Programme benefit more from being a part of this Amsterdam-wide community of excellent students. Initially only open to those honours students studying at the VU, Extensus expanded to the UvA and AUC in 2011.
The aim of Extensus is to enhance the community of the Honours Programme by bringing together Honours students from different faculties and universities in Amsterdam. It does so by organizing professional, academic and social events that are all aimed at the broad interests of the Honours students. Examples of our yearly events are the study trip, seminars, dinners and a career conference.
The word extensus is derived from the verb extendere, meaning to stretch out, to extend, to increase, to broaden. It is also used poetically: maiores pennas nido extendere, to spread one’s wings beyond the nest (adapted from Horace). The name of the study association symbolizes the two goals of the Honours Programme: to broaden students’ horizons, and to extend their knowledge within their own field. It also alludes to the ambition, innovative spirit, and commitment to excellent education that is demonstrated by students and teachers involved in the Honours Programme.
So far, Extensus is thrilled to see the yearly increase in the number of Honours Students and their eagerness to contribute to a platform for excellence. Extensus justly considers itself to be the starting grid for future leaders and is dedicated to paving the way for collaboration between Honours students and their future employers from which both parties undoubtedly benefit. Extensus is always keen to welcome new members and Honours Students who wish to be involved in the organisation. Aspirations for the future are high, since Extensus aims to grow both in number and in substance, making full use of its interuniversity network and international orientation.
Our Current board
Our goal for 2017/2018
The board of 2017/2018 is made up of Extensus members who greatly value the association and wish to add to this value. We recognize that the social bonds between the board members as well as regular members is key to enhancing the organization as a whole. We are committed to maintaining ties with the current members and establishing bonds with new members. In doing so, we wish to build a community where everyone can be involved in the organization as much as desired. We wish to be a board open to initiative by all members in order to contribute to the unique character of Extensus and make it a wonderful year for all members.
- The board of 2009/2010 and thereby the first in history consisted of Winnie van Dijk and Lars Jongerius.
- The board of 2010/2011 consisted of Aileen Nederlof (Chairman), Rory Deen (Secretary) and Dajana Zubrinic (Treasurer).
- The board of 2011/2012 consisted of Leander Peters (President), Lisa Aarsman (Vice-president), Sem Aronson (Treasurer), Marijn Jonkhart (Project Officer), and Emilie Holtbach (PR Officer).
- The board of 2012-2013 consisted of Guy Wijnen (President), Niko Schindler (Secretary), Ada Sneekes (Treasurer), Sherida Sille (Commercial officer), Danielle Schuitemaker (Project Officer), Eline Schaart (PR Officer).
- The board of 2013/2014 consisted of Floris Busscher (President), Harleen Rai (Secretary), Wouter Griffioen (Treasurer), Danique Wildschut (Project Officer), Jorn Koch (Commercial Officer), Rachelle Meijers (PR Officer).
- The board of 2014/2015 consisted of Maartje ter Hoeve (President), Mees Vergouwen (Vice-President), Ruben Stukart (Treasurer), Ciska Taal (Project Officer), Errol Verwey (PR Officer) and Nathalie Smit (Commercial Officer).
- The board of 2015/2016 consisted of Aniek Broekhuizen (President), Miranda Huang (Vice-President), Tim Everaert (Treasurer), Yvonne Melcherts (Project Officer), Dora Knezevic (PR Officer) and Lisa Tenge (Commercial Officer).
- The board of 2016/2017 consisted of Felicia Ong (President), Thomas Bennis (Secretary), Gillis Kruisselbrink (Treasurer), Urscha Fajdiga (PR Officer) and Matthijs Eigenhuis (Commercial Officer).